Breast augmentation with implants is a common cosmetic procedure designed to enhance and increase the size of breasts. While most breast augmentation procedures use small to large implants designed to give a natural boost in volume, the use of extra-large implants, or those over 800cc in volume, are often chosen to dramatically enhance the bustline and deliver a more prominent increase in volume. The implant type and size you choose can play a vital role in both your procedure and recovery, so here we look at some of the pros and cons associated with the use of extra-large breast implants.
Choosing extra-large breast implants offers many benefits to those looking for a more drastic change in their appearance. Pros for this breast augmentation can include:
- Dramatic change in appearance
- A more proportional figure, especially in women with larger hips
- More pronounced curves that accentuate the waistline
- Improved confidence
Just as extra-large breast implants offer many pros, there are cons associated with these types of implants which can include:
- The need to find a surgeon experienced with extra-large implants
- Increased risk of complications during recovery, such as numbness, implant rupture, and breast tissue thinning
- Difficulty finding a bra that fits correctly after recovery
- Back and shoulder pain caused by the additional weight of the implants
- Difficulty sleeping, especially for those who are stomach sleepers
- Extra-large breast implants can hinder your ability to perform certain activities, such as jogging or running
- Increased risk of sagging due to weight
If you are considering breast augmentation and would like to have a significant change in breast size and volume, extra-large breast implants may be right for you. As a specialist in extra-large implants, the team at Prime Plastic Surgery is here to answer all your questions and help determine the right size breast implants to meet your body contouring goals. Call (858) 455-0290 or (619) 466-8851 to schedule your consultation today.